Three cheers for a cheap DIY Halloween decoration that is beyond easy, and definitely foolproof! Introducing the Squash Ghost. This is yet another project that requires very little instruction. Let’s file it under If I Can Do It, You Can Do It. Go buy some cute butternut squashes. The more deformed the better, as long as each one stands well on its base. Three steps later you’ll have an adorable Halloween decoration that works boo-tifully when displayed outside, or inside.
– White acrylic paint (from the dollar store is how I roll)
– Sponge (makeup sponge, kitchen sponge, whatever sponge you have on hand)
– Black Sharpie marker
1. Remove debris from your squash(es) by giving it a quick rinse, and then let dry
2. Use a sponge to dab a thin coat of white paint onto the squash, and then let dry
3. Use a Sharpie to draw ghost-worthy eyes and mouth